Friday, August 1, 2014

Slow & Steady


Does anyone else feel like July was...slow? In the best way possible? I had a month break in-between weddings from the end of June to the end of July which was certainly a blessing. Not that the month hasn't still been filled with work, but it can be nice to experience real weekends every once and a while. Instead of Friday Notes, I thought I would share what I was grateful for in the month of July:

July started off with a trip up to the north Georgia mountains to a lake house with my in-laws. I cherish my time with Taylor's parents who truly feel like an a second set of parents. The photo above is of Taylor and I bonding in the most temperamental canoe...hence why I am not rowing. Or moving!


I organized my first official styled shoot at Creature Comforts Brewing Company with an amazing team of vendors, and learned A TON about the real logistics behind photo shoots. Challenges pop up, just like on a wedding day, but it's certainly easier than dealing with the stress of running a ceremony!


Half way through the month I traveled to beautiful Highlands, North Carolina for a final walk through for a wedding that is actually this weekend! I continue to be amazed by the opportunities put before me to work with such talented creatives and sweet families. Downtown Highlands is absolutely darling and I'm excited to be staying at 200 Main this weekend and have my own personal getaway :)


We went on vacation with my family to St. George Island, Florida and had one of the most relaxing weeks I can remember in a looong time. I read Bridge to Haven in TWO days while it was rainy, played Scrabble with my mom, Rummikub with my sister, got some color on the beach and sipped on my mom's mean margaritas daily.


The family vacation was the perfect treat before jumping into another wedding weekend - this time at Foxhall Resort & Sporting Club. The month ended with T and I celebrating 6 years of being together (dating + engagement + marriage). All in all it was an incredible month, with a leisure pace. One thing I wish I had done differently in July was being more consistent with my PowerSheets. Luckily, I ordered my next 6 month set and am ready to push the re-start button to continue to MAKE 2014 HAPPEN!

How was your month and your summer as a whole? I can't believe August is here!

xo

1 comment:

  1. yay you're back to the blogging world! :) I love Foxhall- that's where we did out stylized wedding shoot the day of the snow storm! It'd be fun to see it not covered in snow! Can't wait to see you in T-minus 6 days!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...